The G70 has 3 x Digital Inputs (+1 dedicated Ignition Digital Input). We can use a Digital Input to monitor a secondary bit of equipment on an asset, i.e. sprayer, fuel pump, PTO.
In most cases, we wire and configure the input in the same way as our dedicated ignition input (the white wire on the G70).
We consider the input 'on' when there is voltage present at the input (a high signal), and off when there is no voltage.
Connect the Dart3 ground wire (any black wire) to ground on our asset, and our chosen digital input wire to the high side of the pump/PTO etc.
- Digital Input 1 = BLUE
- Digital Input 2 = ORANGE
- Digital Input 3* = PURPLE
*Digital Input 3 is shared with one of the Driver ID lines, so DI3 cannot be used at the same time as a DM RFID reader, or Wiegand Reader
The Digital Input is considered on when above 2.2V, and off when below 0.8V.
The configuration would be:
- Bias resistor set to 'pull down'
- When not running, there is no voltage present on the input. It is held low.
- The Active Level is set to high
- When running, there is a high voltage signal at the input.
- The digital input is considered on.
- If we want to know in real-time if we are on or off, we should set Upload on Active and Upload on Inactive = Yes.
Once we are tracking the status, we are able to enable further functionality:
We can track the hours that a Digital Input is active in Telematics Guru. See Setting up Secondary Run Hours.