The Oyster3 is the next-generation of our best-selling Oyster series. It is an ultra-rugged GPS asset tracking device featuring 10+ years battery (5x battery life of Oyster2).
- Deploy-once battery life with up to 10+ years on only 3 x AA user-replaceable batteries
- Powered by off-the-shelf Lithium or Lithium Thionyl Chloride (LTC) batteries for extreme temperature operation
- Tracks assets when they’re on the move and enters sleep mode when stationary to conserve power
- ‘Battery Low’ and ‘Battery Critical’ alerts
- Weatherproof and ultra-rugged IP68 and IK07 rated housing
- LTE-M / NB-IoT Connectivity
Oyster3 Key Info and Resources
Key Technical Specifications
- 4-16V input voltage range (3 x AA LTC of LiFeS2 batteries supported)
- Reverse polarity protection
- LTE-M/NB-IoT modem
- Nano 4FF SIM card
Full Technical Specifications:
Find full technical specs on the product page on our website - https://www.digitalmatter.com/devices/oyster3/
High Resolution Images
Download high resolution images for the Oyster3 here: Oyster High Res Images
OEM Server Documentation
Devices parameters and firmware are configured via our OEM Server interface. Make sure to check out the resources here. In particular OEM Server - Getting Started
Technical Support and Advice
Digital Matter partners should Contact Support for any product issues or enquiries.
Optimise Your Battery Life
On top of ensuring you select the right logging and upload rates, there are some key areas to pay attention to in order to best maximise device battery life.
- See Battery Life Estimates [Oyster3] for battery life estimates and a battery life calculator
- See Critical Parameters - [Oyster3] for how to best configure the device to be as energy efficient as possible when uploading data and obtaining GPS fixes.
- Pay attention to the SIM card you use - some can cause excessive battery drain - Roaming SIM Cards - Battery Life Impact
- Keep an eye on your battery status via OEM Server or Telematics Guru - Battery Level Monitoring [Oyster3]